Illinois Natural History Survey - University of Illinois

Lost Mound Field Station was established in 1998 and is a cooperative venture between the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) and the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS). Two groups from IDNR are involved. Staff from the Illinois Natural History Survey conduct basic and applied research to guide habitat management and restoration while staff from Division of Natural Heritage participate in management and restoration. FWS is our federal partner and is coordinating the transfer of land from the former Savanna Army Depot to the Lost Mound Unit of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge.

Lost Mound Field Station is intended to be a full-fledged biological research station where graduate students, university staff, and independent scientists can conduct research. Efforts are currently underway to expand and improve our facilities.



Illinois Natural History Survey

1816 South Oak Street, MC 652
Champaign, IL 61820
217-333-6880
cms@inhs.illinois.edu

Terms of use. Email the Web Administrator with questions or comments.

© 2017 University of Illinois Board of Trustees. All rights reserved.
For permissions information, contact the Illinois Natural History Survey.

Staff Intranet
Login